DermaLase Med Spa Laser Hair Removal Calgary
PRE TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS
- Sun avoidance and sun protections will reduce the risk of dyschromia (hyper or hypo pigmentation) and epidermal effects. Light to moderately tanned skin can be treated with appropriate parameters. Deeply tanned skin should be treated 4 -6 weeks after active sun exposure.
- Stop applying medications or irritating agents to skin the skin for 1-2 days before treatment.
- Shave treatment area one day before treatment. For rapidly growing areas, such as man’s beard, a shave may need to be done on the day of treatment.
- Skin should be clean, with no lotion, make-up, deodorant, perfume, or sunscreen used before treatment.
- Wait at least two weeks after chemical peels or injections in treatment area before laser hair removal treatment.
- Wait 4-6 weeks before treating if patient waxed, tweezed or plucked in the treatment area.
- Wait at least 2 weeks before treating if patient had collagen injections or other fillers or injectables in treatment area.
POST TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS
- Avoid sun and apply sunscreen to treat area for a few days following the treatment. Darker skin types should comply with sun avoidance and sun protection, especially if there is tendency to hyperpigment.
- Do not irritate treated area chemically or mechanically for a couple of days after treatment.
- Avoid direct and indirect heat to treat areas for a couple of days after treatment, especially if patient has a tendency to hyperpigment.
- Some shedding or extrusion of treated hairs will occur around 2-4 weeks following treatment.
- Treated area can be shaved or clipped, but not tweezed, plucked or waxed.
- Shave treatment area one day prior to next treatment. After third treatment, it is recommended to leave growth unshaved for assessment before fourth treatment.
- Wait at least 2 weeks before collagen injections or other fillers injectables in treatment area.
PRE & POST TREATMENT RECOMMENDATIONS